Monday, March 11, 2013

Paradise Creek - March 11, 2013

I fished Paradise Creek today in Paradise Township, Monroe County. This was the first time I fished this stream since I was previously unaware of any public access along this creek. The 1/2 - 1 mile stretch that I fished is right in between private fishing clubs.

I started fishing a black wooly bugger but I changed to a hi viz griffiths gnat after a couple of minutes. The water level was low and the WB was tough to fish, especially on my 3 weight. I landed a beautiful brown on my 6th cast. I landed 1 additional brown and missed another couple. The size of browns in Paradise seems larger than in Devils Hole, which is only a couple of miles away and feeds into Paradise.

The previous 2 days were in the 50's so I figured today would be a good day with possible hatches. Water temp was 46 degrees. Outside temp was high 40's and overcast. I saw little black stones and midges. I saw 2 trout rise to naturals as well which is pretty early considering this past weekend was our first warm stretch in months.

 1st brown caught
 
Nice stretch of Paradise Creek

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice stretch of water, can you let me know where it is located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I apologize but I did not get the directions. The directions might have been deleted by mistake. I would appreciate it if you could resend.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the information, I enjoy your blog.

      Delete