Sunday, May 6, 2012

Match the Hatch - Brodhead Creek


I fished Saturday morning, May 5th on the BHC with “JL”. I got to the creek at 6 am and fished until 10 am. The fish started actively feeding at 7 and then a very large and long BWO hatch began. BWO's were 16's. The trout were taking duns off the water surface regularly until the hatch died down at around 930. I felt fortunate to time this hatch well but it was one of the most frustrating 4 hours of my life. I never landed a single fish and only had about 3 hits. I tried multiple colors, sizes, and stages of BWO's without luck. I've heard that when trout have a large amount of naturals to choose from, they can be very picky. I think that was the case on Sat morning. Fun but very frustrating morning on the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment