Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter fishing in Pocono Creeks - Jan 13, 2013


I fished the MCC and BHC on Jan 13th. It was a partly cloudy day, outside air temp was in the mid 40's, and the water temp was low 40's. It was suppose to be a sunny day so I was hoping that the trout in the creeks might wake out of their winter doldrums but the sun never showed because of the presence of fog all day.

I landed one ugly bow on the MCC. Due to its damaged fins, I'd assume it was a fall stocker. It took a 18 BHPT in the DHALO section. I fished a dual nymph under an indicator all day. Nothing was rising. On my way home, I tried the BHC for less than an hour without luck. Not a great day fishing but what do you expect in January? That's why my fly gear never leaves my vehicle. There will always be that "day" in January and February that is worth trying.
.

MCC snow bank

BHC mid-day fog

MCC winter bow

No comments:

Post a Comment