Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4-26-11 (Windy but the BHC current has slowed)

Fished BHC, ball park section, from about 3-6 pm today. I introduced JL to nymph fishing. I hooked 6 but landed only 2 Rainbows today. JL hooked into one right at the end but didn't land it. Not bad for his first time nymphing! We fished the same dual nymph combo as I have been fishing the past week. My normal spot did not produce much today. It was windy and the wind was blowing against the current, which caused some tough casting, drifting, etc...I saw only a couple of mayflies floating around and only 1-2 rises. I still haven't come across a very good hatch this year where I could regularly take fish from the surface. The last trout I took on top was on the McMichaels back in early March when the early stoneflies were fluttering around the water top. I'm hoping to hit up the McMichaels this week. I remember last year about this time, there were numerous rises towards the later part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment