Sunday, May 15, 2011

5-15-11 (Overcast and rainy day on the BHC)

Fished the BHC this afternoon from 430-630. I fished Glen Park and the ball field sections. I popped a nice Bow at the Glen on my third cast with a BHPT and yellow stonefly nymph below it. The bow was caught on the BHPT. I tried the same combo for another hour in various locations. I missed one but that was the only other action. I moved over to the ball field section and tried a BHPT below a hares ear because I lost my last yellow stone nymph on a snag at the Glen. I didn't receive any hits so I tried swinging a wet without luck as well before I tied on a yellow stimulator. I caught a Bow near shore on my second cast and then never had another hit. There were a few tan caddis floating around but that was it. The weather was in the low 60's, overcast, light thunders, and constant drizzle. I thought this would be a perfect scenario to catch large quantities of trout but I was wrong but it was still a beatiful day on the stream, rain and all!

 Glen Park Fog

 More Fog

Local BHC Geese

No comments:

Post a Comment