Friday, May 27, 2011

5-27-11 (BHC sunburn)

Fishing was fantastic today! I fished from 1030-2pm and I caught several fish and one very bright red sunburn. The water levels are perfect right now and the temperatures are prime. The USGS temperature chart for Tobyhanna Creek recorded a high of 70 degress today so I'm sure the BHC was the same or maybe even higher. I fished a march brown, pheasant tail, and hares ear nymphs today. The march brown was the hottest. I caught mostly Rainbows but I also caught 2 nice Browns. I didn't keep track but I landed roughly 6 trout on flies and about 12 on a rooster tail spinner. I found a section along a bank where I could just cast the rooster tail spinner out and let the current do the work. Trout after trout after trout. I wanted to fish the evening tonight as I'm certain there was some surface activity but I had yard work and Daddy chores to tend to. The weather is suppose to be near 90 for Memorial Day weekend so I'm not sure how much fishing I'll do but hopefully I'll make it out at least 1 evening. Normaly it seems that most anglers quit fishing after Memorial Day weekend. A lot of the local waters don't even have fisherman on the weekends come June which is fine with me. My best fishing memories come from June.

No comments:

Post a Comment