Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's still HOT on the Brodhead Creek - June 6th and 9th

June 6 – The fishing wasn't as hot as the night before but a friend and me still caught several trout from roughly 8-9 pm on the BHC. Sulphurs, hendricksons, tan/black caddis were all out. We caught mostly browns.

June 9 - It has been hot the past couple days with temperatures ranging from mid 80's and higher. I fished before work on this day from 630-830 am. Actually I went to work late because the fish kept biting! There's nothing better than sitting at my desk after a morning fishing session and suddenly getting a whiff of my fishy fingers and remembering the fun I had before work. Best times to fish right now is dusk and dawn and extra care is needed when handling and releasing the trout. I had my first "slow return" this morning from a brown. Fishing this morning was excellent with all trout taken with dry flies. There was small BWO hatch and once I switch to a BWO dry, I started getting many more hits. I landed roughly 6-7 trout and missed over a dozen more this morning. Below are some pictures I took. Enjoy!



 BWO



Spent


No comments:

Post a Comment