Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 11 and 12 on Brodhead Creek, Monroe County, PA

11 JUN - Fished the AM from 630-930. Landed roughly 7 trout and missed several others. There was no BWO hatch but its dry still brought them to the top. There was very little bug activity this morning and most trout were caught in very shallow water (1-2 feet deep). Weather was light rain to a drizzle, overcast, and temperatures in the high 60's to low 70's.

12 JUN - Fished the AM again from 730-900. Fishing was slow. I landed 1 nice Bow and had another trout spit out the fly after being hooked for a few seconds. I caught both trout on a self-tied parachute BWO dry. I tried various other flies without luck since it was so slow. Very little bug activity again this morning. Weather was a drizzle, overcast, and temperatures in the high 60's to low 70's. Spoke with a very experienced fly angler this morning and he mentioned it was uncommonly slow for him too.

I won't be fishing locally for few days because I'll be in Colorado for work. I won't have a lot of time while I’m there but I'll probably bring my fly rod as a carry-on. Some of Colorado's famed rivers are within a 1/2 hour drive of where I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment