Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brodhead Creek (June 1 & 2 2011)

I have fished the BHC the past 2 days. Yesterday I fished from 6-9 pm and today I fished from 2-330 pm. Last evening was much more productive than fishing in the middle of the day today. The BHC water level is near normal with temperatures lately in the 60's and 70's. One of the Rainbows I caught yesterday really took a long time to get going after I took the fly out of its mouth so I'm sure the water temperature was in the 70's. Today was a nice reprieve from the hot weather we've had the past week as it was only in the 70's (outside temperature) today. I don't need to type about my fishing today as it wasn't very productive but I did mountain bike around the State Gamelands where the Delayed Harvest area of Tobyhanna Creek is. I didn't fish it but I located some good spots.

Last night the bugs came alive as they did last year in the evening. Sulphurs, Hendricksons, and other bugs I don't know their names were in the plenty. I used a dry sulphur pattern and Lt. Cahill to hook into a few Bows from about 8-9 pm. I'm sure I could have caught more if I would have stayed into the night. I also caught a couple other Bows on a Hares Ear before the dusk madness took place.

 Yellow Stonefly Nymph?

Spent shuck

My sulphur killer

Delayed Harvest Artificial Lures Only - Tobyhanna Creek

Mountain Bike on State Gamelands singletrack

No comments:

Post a Comment